Corsearch Analytics serves up critical insights to support trademark clearance decisions and streamline research process
Corsearch has launched Corsearch Analytics, providing trademark professionals with a complementary tool to facilitate the analysis of hurdles encountered during the clearance of specific marks. With this tool, Corsearch has created a time-saving workflow solution that meets the needs of today’s busy trademark professionals pressured to cut costs and reduce risks associated with brand clearance.
“Corsearch categorized over 2.5 million USPTO office actions and TTAB proceedings to create Corsearch Analytics,” said Joshua Braunstein, General Manager, Corsearch. “The result is a highly useful decision support tool that brings data to the point-of-action for trademark professionals.”
With Corsearch Analytics, a dashboard summarizes critical clearance factors for each U.S. Federal trademark record, in a cascading order of significance with color-coded indicators. The Dashboard can be expanded to reveal full information, directly within the platform. Users can choose to add content reflecting these clearance factors to their records for reporting purposes by leveraging new additions to Corsearch.com’s existing Investigative Tools. Key clearance factors summarized for U.S. Federal trademark records include:
- “Section 2 Refusals – This Mark” indicates if Office Actions conveying Section 2 Refusals were issued, by type of refusal;
- “Section 2 Refusals – Other Mark” indicates if this mark was cited in another mark’s Office Action conveying a Section 2 Refusal;
- “TTAB Proceedings” summarizes the types of proceedings conducted by the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board (TTAB);
- Memoranda on Letters of Protest, Notices of Suspension and Specimens are highlighted and easily accessible;
- “Owner Activity” lists how many times a mark’s owner has appeared before the TTAB.
This innovative industry tool was created with direct input from clients during exclusive customer advisory programs and through unique user-centered design studies. As a result, Corsearch continues to create tools that help trademark teams see what matters most.
“Corsearch Analytics is a game-changer,” said Susan Upton Douglass, a partner at Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu. “The Dashboard view gives the whole picture at a glance: descriptiveness issues, blocking citations and TTAB activity, all with links for immediate access. The link to the specimen saves time as well. I appreciate having everything in one place, with direct access to the key data that I use constantly to advise clients. Efficiency is key for me; Corsearch Analytics has surpassed my expectations.”
For more information about Corsearch Analytics, visit www.corsearch.com/analytics and watch the video below for a brief tutorial.